What are Fun Weeks?
Over the school holidays, parents often seek activities that keep their children occupied, combining fun and learning. In response to the requirements of parents, Kids&Us has created a series of fun activities in English.
The goal of Fun Weeks is for children to take part in a linguistic immersion course in English, based on a particular theme. Our Fun Weeks are built around meaningful contexts for each age group, filled with activities that include games, dances, theatre and crafts.
Some years ago, Kids&Us began an ambitious project that promised innovative results. Since then, we have built up a team of experts whose main goal is to develop and run Fun Weeks programmes for our schools with unique, company-developed material.
We have created a product of excellence to ensure children have a fantastic time doing activities in English, while internalising English vocabulary and expressions through songs, stories, theatre, crafts and games. Fun Weeks are planned right down to the finest detail, ensuring that the material is appropriate and relevant for all age groups.
What do they consist of?
Each week, we set off on an adventure to a new world through a collection of stories created especially to facilitate and accelerate language acquisition.
A range of activities conducted exclusively in English is used to work on the different weekly topics, which can be categorised into six main areas:
- Physical activities: activities based on games that encourage children to move about and interact with each other.
- Storytime: storytelling is an essential part of learning a language. The stories have been developed for each week’s theme and adapted for each age group. They facilitate children's learning of structures and vocabulary in context. During Fun Weeks, children will tell, learn, discuss and act out stories.
- Craft activities: children do crafts related to the weekly theme, such as making masks, costumes and animal figures.
- Market: a market is organised twice a week, when the children become customers and have to order their morning snack in English using suitable language.
- Themed songs with choreography: songs are by far the most popular activity on Fun Weeks programmes. The songs are composed and the lyrics written based on the week's theme and then they are adapted for the different age levels.
- Staff performance: our teachers take to the stage in another eagerly-awaited activity by our young audience. The teachers dress up and perform a small play to the children, who take part as the audience.
- Children's age: this activity is designed for 3 to 10-year-olds.
- Number of children per group: 10 children per group, at most, and one teacher
- Group organisation: the children are divided into groups based on age for 3 to 4-year-olds, 5 to 6-year-olds and 7 to 10-year-olds.
- Schedule: Fun Weeks are weekly activities that Kids&Us offers during the school holidays.
- Times*: 9:00 - 13:00 Some schools offer a flexible timetable which enables parents to drop off their children before 9:00 and collect them after 13:00.
* Consult school